Q. What if there are multiple artists with the same name?
- When there are multiple artists such as the Four Mints, all artists share the same page (i.e. Four Mints (1), Four Mints (2), etc.)
Q. Do you only show the value of 12″ vinyl (LP’s)
- When we originally started, we only concentrated on 12″ vinyl LP’s. The demand was very high for other types of vinyl. Moving forward, we catalog Single 12-inch, Singles: 78 rpm, Singles: 7-inch, Picture Sleeves, EPs” 7-inch, LPs: 10 & 12 inch, Flex-Discs, and promotional items. We continually add other vinyl as indicated above to our existing catalog. Don’t see other vinyl when viewing your artist? Drop us a note and we will expedite the addition.
Q. Are these the prices I should use when selling on e-Bay?
- Depends on the vinyl. Records artists such as Elvis Presley and the Beatles might fetch our vinyl worth; however, we recommend selling what other sellers are asking. REMEMBER, this is only what the value of the record is worth, not necessarily what you might receive.
Q. Why are you not charging for this service?
- Most of the information found on record value is available on-line if you search hard. We try to have a one-stop catalog of vinyl worth and only ask for donations to fund….of course you can donate whatever you feel; however, the preset donation is $5.00.
Q. What is the easiest way to search?
- You can always use the ‘Artist Pages’ at the top of all pages; however, we recommend using the search bar feature as there are thousands of artists. If you don’t know the artists name, you can try the label, label number, or name of song.
Q. What if I can’t find my artists?
- There are hundreds of thousands of artists….we add more daily. We suggest dropping us a note so we can expedite your request. We well send you an email when cataloged. Here is the link ‘contact us‘.
Q. Do I need an account to search?
- No, only if you decide to add to the post
Q. If I create an account, do you sell or give my information to others?
Q. I see you also sell vinyl and allow other to sell on the same site. What are the costs?
- Unlike some of the other auction sites, we do not charge any listing fees and also offer a ‘store’ free of charge. The final sale cost is much smaller than other auction sites. For complete information visit https://insanevinyl.com
Q. How do know the condition of what others might see my vinyl?
- There are standards of grading vinyl….please check our grading guide
Q. Why do you have advertising on your website?
- Again, this is a free service to the end user; however, we must pay for the time of cataloging new artists, a hosting fee, having a secure site (https), and other expenses. We encourage using our links should you need the item or service….Thank you!!
Q. Do you catalog various albums and soundtracks?
- That’s on our bucket list….someday! If your needing value on one of these types of vinyl drop us a note and we’ll check on it for you.
Q. Most band start the word ‘the’ such as The Beatles, The Byrds, The Beach Boys. Should I use this prefix when searching?
- No, for the sake of unity, we do not put ‘the’ in front of bands unless it make sense such as artists like The Fool, The Band, etc. In some cases there are 2 distinct groups such as Fox and The Fox. The easiest way is to just type in the artist without ‘The’ and let the search engine work for you! Other times you may not know the exact title of the artist such as Frankie & the Corvettes….you can try a search for just the Corvettes until you come across the one your looking for.